Ivanka in plea for religious tolerance: First daughter says ‘we must protect our places of worship’ after eleven Jewish centers get bomb threats in a day and FBI opens hate crime probe
- Ivanka Trump took to Twitter after a wave of bomb threats on JCCs Monday
- On President’s Day, 11 centers received bomb threats which were later deemed hoaxes
- She rallied to ‘protect our houses of worship & religious centers’
- The threats come after the FBI launched a hate crime investigation after 60 threats were received at centers in January
- Chelsea Clinton also took to Twitter and criticized the President for not yet denouncing anti-Semitic threats
She tweeted: ‘America is a nation built on the principle of religious tolerance. We must protect our houses of worship & religious centers. #JCC.’
On Monday 11 JCCs were evacuated in Birmingham, Cleveland, Chicago, St. Paul, Tampa, Tulsa, Nashville, Milwaukee, Houston and Buffalo after receiving the threats. All appear to be hoaxes and no one has been injured.
Israel is set to relax its regulations on the exports of arms and defense products, amid a reform program for the industry undertaken by the Defense Export Controls Agency, a branch of the Defense Ministry.
In a session with the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee Monday, the agency’s director outlined key concessions to be offered to defense exporters and emphasized that stiffer penalties would be levied on those who violate the new regulations.
Russia has significantly boosted its involvement in Libya by signing a potentially major contract to help redevelop Libyan oilfields.
The head of the Libyan national oil corporation (NOC) signed a cooperation agreement with Rosneft, the Russian oil giant, which NOC said on Tuesday “lays the groundwork for investment by Rosneft in Libya’s oil sector”.
“The agreement envisages the establishment of a joint working committee of the two partners to evaluate opportunities in a variety of sectors, including exploration and production,” an NOC statement said.