Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Thursday boasted that his rockets can reach Israel’s nuclear reactor in the southern city of Dimona, and said he would turn Israel’s reported nuclear arsenal against it.
Nasrallah, who had previously threatened to target an ammonia tank in Haifa, claimed credit for an Israeli court decision to shut down that facility this week and said he would do the same with the nuclear reactor.
“I call upon the Israeli not only to evacuate the Ammonia tank from Haifa, but also to dismantle Dimona nuclear facility,” Nasrallah said at a rally, warning that he would target Dimona too. “The Israeli nuclear weapon that represents a threat to the entire region, we will turn it into a threat to Israel,” he claimed.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/hezbollah-chief-threatens-israels-dimona-nuclear-reactor/North Korea killing: man and second woman held over death of Kim Jong-nam
The suspects were picked up separately on Wednesday and Thursday. The female suspects were identified using surveillance footage from Kuala Lumpur International airport, where Kim Jong-nam fell ill on Monday morning before dying on the way to the hospital.
The Malaysian inspector general said the second female suspect had been identified as Siti Aishah, an Indonesian national. Her birthday was given as 11 February 1992, and place of birth as Serang, Indonesia. It is not clear if her passport was genuine.
Police official Abdul Samah said officers had also detained a Malaysian man, who is believed to be the boyfriend of the second female suspect.
Shares in Cobham have crashed after the beleaguered defence group issued another profit warning, saying it will take millions of pounds of goodwill charges, while revealing it cannot yet give guidance on how it will perform in 2017.
Cobham, which provides communications equipment, control systems and services to the defence industry, will take a £574m impairment on problems across several of its units.
It will also take a £150m charge on spiralling costs related to its contract to develop a mid-air refuelling tanker for Boeing.
US intelligence officials are ‘keeping SECRETS from Donald Trump out of fear they could be compromised or leaked’ after the president found out
- The new report comes after Trump attacked intelligence officials for leaking
- Current and former officials said some sensitive information is being held back
- It is reportedly being done because they fear that it could be ‘compromised’
- Part of the reasoning is reported links between Trump’s team and the Kremlin
Donald Trump is having sensitive information withheld from him by US intelligence officials and spies, according to a new report.
The report, published by the Wall Street Journal, claims the reason behind not telling the president the whole truth is that officials fear the information could be leaked or compromised after it got to him.
The Journal cited multiple current and former officials with knowledge of the alleged withholding of information.
In response to the report, a White House spokesman told the newspaper: ‘There is nothing that leads us to believe that this is an accurate account of what is actually happening.’
Former Google CEO admits criminals were NOT taken into consideration when the internet was built in the 1970s
- Eric Schmidt, former CEO of Google, was speaking at a conference this week
- He said that ‘it didn’t occur to us that there were going to be criminals’
- This year alone, there have been countless examples of hacking and data breaches, including attacks on PlayStation, Netflix and Amazon
When the internet was first built in the 1970s, it was seen as one of the greatest innovations of our time.
But Eric Schmidt, executive chairman of Alphabet and former CEO of Google, has suggested that the initial build of the net may have missed a trick.
Speaking at a security conference this week, Schmidt said that internet security is still an ongoing issue because ‘it didn’t occur to us that there were going to be criminals.’
February 15, 2017 4:50 pm
Senior Iranian officials are warning the Trump administration about disclosing secret deals related to the nuclear deal that have long been hidden from the public by the Obama administration, according to recent comments that prompted pushback from senior sources on Capitol Hill.
Iran’s warning comes on the heels of a Washington Free Beacon report disclosing that former national security adviser Michael Flynn had been pushed out of office partly due to his intention to release these sensitive documents to the American public.
Leading lawmakers in Congress launched multiple investigations last year into the Obama administration’s efforts to keep these documents secret and out of public view. Sources who spoke to the Free Beacon about the matter said that the Trump White House is working on ways to publicize this information despite warnings from Iran