ISIS’ threat to Britain is reaching new high, says London mayor as he warns that police cuts could cost lives
- Sadiq Khan says terror threat has risen since he became Mayor last year
- Mayor tells MailOnline that keeping people safe is ‘increasingly difficult’
- Urges government not to cut police funding and criticises Trump’s travel ban
The London Mayor said the danger of attacks in the capital had risen since he entered city hall last May and keeping people safe was becoming ‘increasingly difficult’.
Terror target May Force One: Stunning security lapse as PM’s flights are left visible on a website tracker
- Astonishing security lapse makes PM a ‘flying target’ on Flightradar24 website
- Blunder means terrorists could see the direction and speed of ‘May Force One’
- Compromising info was broadcast live as May flew into terror hotspot Turkey
- Intelligence experts say the lapse is ‘beyond absurd’ and ‘extremely dangerous’
Terrorists can follow every movement of the Prime Minister’s official aircraft live by using a mobile phone app, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
The astonishing security lapse made Theresa May ‘a flying target’ as she arrived in the terror hotspot of Turkey from Washington last week, experts warned.
The exact location of the aircraft, dubbed ‘May Force One’ – along with its height, direction and speed – was broadcast online as it came into land in Ankara, the site of repeated terrorist attacks.
Last night, experts called for the transponder – the on-board device that broadcasts its location – to be switched off, as is the case with the US President’s Air Force One jet.
Chris Phillips, the former head of the National Counter Terrorism Security Office, said: ‘This is perfect information for a would-be terrorist. They should have turned off the tracker on the plane. It is ridiculous and irresponsible that this information is publicly available.